BlackBerry Dakota 9900 Review and Specifications

BlackBerry Dakota 9900 Review and Specifications

Advertisement
This article talk about BlackBerry Dakota 9900 Review and Specifications, so here we start with the review first. The BlackBerry Dakota 9900 comes as one thing of a shock. You see, for years, BlackBerry has, in a sense, been catching up. that is not a dig at its parent company – it\'s much royalty in push email and company telephone set circles. however it\'s been rare for RIM to steer the method.

Display


BlackBerry Dakota 9900
It has a gorgeous show with spirited color and spacious show. Blackberry Dakota conjointly uses a great ape screen currently, therefore you\'ll be able to rest assured knowing that your phone can stand the foremost “abusive” treatment.

Blackberry OS 7

Overall, Blackberry OS seven could be a solid software. However, there’s one major flaw on my Blackberry Dakota 9900 phone. once it\'s rebooted, it often stuck around seventieth of the method. Apparently, it\'s a legendary bug referred to as a “reboot loop”. I’m presently victimization Blackberry OS seven.0 Bundle 2395. Some folks aforementioned that this is often simply a minor flaw which will disappear once you upgrade your software package.

BlackBerry Dakota 9900
The one I’m victimization now\'s truly Associate in Nursing upgrade from the previous one. I forgot that the Bundle # for the previous one, however it appears with this new bundle, I didn’t expertise the “reboot loop” too again and again. I hope your Blackberry Dakota reboots swimmingly :) It simply annoys American state typically once I ought to pull out the battery and place it back in once one thing like this happened.

NFC

This phone is one in every of the few phones that has NCF (Near Field Communication) in it. I can’t extremely take a look at this out since I can’t realize anywhere that provides Associate in Nursing NFC tag to browse from.

However, this youtube video can show you the way it works. One caveat…one of my friend bought his Blackberry Dakota from U.S. (FYI, I bought this in Indonesia) and he didn’t have NFC put in on his phone, therefore use caution and make certain you check your phone (or raise the client service if you\'re shopping for it online) if it\'s NFC or not. you\'re positively missing out if your phone doesn’t have one. True that it’s not terribly helpful currently, however I will see it\'ll be terribly helpful few years down the road.

Camera


BlackBerry Dakota 9900
This is wherever Blackberry Dakota 9900 is lacking. It solely offers 5MP camera! Granted that it\'s flash inbuilt. However, it doesn’t have auto-focus feature. therefore once you square measure taking a close-distant image, your camera phone are going to be having a tough time to concentrate on the item and provides you a blur image.

Battery


BlackBerry Dakota 9900
I would say my battery might last an honest twelve hours. I sometimes undo my phone from its charger at 7:30am, and it still has some juice left till around 9pm. Granted that I solely use my phone to create few calls (around three calls/day), all day long victimization blackberry traveler, and  checking my twitter and email; however it\'s still sensible compared to my recent Blackberry Dakota 9000.

Some folks aforementioned that you simply got to charge the battery 2-3 times daily. In my expertise, I don’t ought to. I did still purchase an additional battery tho\', simply in case…and a wall charger.

Case

The radiotelephone case that I used is formed by Capdase. this is often truly the primary time I’m victimization that whole. i might say that it’s pretty durable, and therefore the issue i favor most concerning it\'s the thinness of it. Blackberry Dakota 9900 could be a skinny phone, therefore if you were employing a thick case, it\'ll ruin the full expertise of employing a skinny radiotelephone.

Conclusion

Blackberry Dakota 9900 could be a solid phone in terms of technology. it\'s supreme video display, quick processor, bit screen show, and NFC. However, its software desires some tweaks to create the full expertise of victimization this phone wonderful.

Would i like to recommend this phone to my friends? affirmative, I would. However, i want to warn you that you simply may get few frustrations once you expertise the “reboot loop”, therefore simply vacant with it. I bought this phone for around $450 while not contract. I’m positive by the time you browse this post, the worth are going to be cheaper.

Design
Device type
Smart phone
OS
BlackBerry (7.1, 7)
Dimensions
4.53 x 2.60 x 0.41 inches (115 x 66 x 10.5 mm)
Weight
4.59 oz (130 g)

Hardware
Processor
Single core, 1200 MHz, QC 8655
System memory
768 MB RAM
Built-in storage
8 GB
Storage expansion
microSD, microSDHC up to 32 GB

Display
Physical size
2.8 inches
Resolution
640 x 480 pixels
Pixel density
286 ppi
Technology
TFT
Colors
16 777 216
Touchscreen
Multi-touch
Features
Light sensor, Proximity sensor

Camera
Camera
5 megapixels, Digital image stabilization, Face detection, Digital zoom, Geo tagging, Scenes, Effects
Camcorder
1280x720 (720p HD)

Battery
Talk time
6.30 hours
Talk time 3G
5.90 hours
Stand-by time (3G)
12.8 days (307 hours)
Capacity
1230 mAh

Technology
GSM
850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
UMTS
850, 1900, 2100 MHz
Data
HSDPA 14.4 Mbit/s, HSUPA 5.76 Mbit/s, UMTS, EDGE
Positioning
GPS, A-GPS
Navigation
Yes

Connectify
Bluetooth
2.1
Wi-Fi
802.11 b, g, n
USB
USB 2.0
Other
NFC, UMA, Computer sync, OTA sync



Advertisement